“Sleep is the best meditation.” -Dalai Lama

So, this week has pretty much not been the best for me, but not horrible.

Tuesday- I thought that because I didn’t do my story on Thursday, I would go on Tuesday. I spend all weekend thinking of which story to tell. We didn’t do a part 2. We just didn’t get to go if we didn’t go on Thursday. We were supposed to have picked out a 3 minute monologue and show the teacher in class. I didn’t have one, so I picked a random one out of a book he had in class. We need half of it memorized by Thursday. Normally, he would give is like 4 weeks to memorize it. Nope. 1 week for this one. I have the hardest time memorizing things. My best friend usually drives us over to the other campus a few miles away for our next class, yoga. During acting, I got a text from her saying she was going to the ER because her side was hurting. So, I don’t have a ride to class and my best friend is in the ER and I have no idea why. I missed yoga class and hung out in my sisters choir class, which was actually awesome. I didn’t have anything to do, so I sang with them and stayed after class a bit to talk to friends I don’t normally see. (I almost want to ditch yoga every time just to see these people. I miss them!) I got home late, made dinner, and then went to my English class. It wasn’t that bad. We had our first presentation that preps us for the final in a month. We have 9 and I am doing one of them. I still haven’t turned in my essay I emailed to my professor last week. It counts as turned in, but he can’t grade it unless I give him a paper copy. I called my friend later that night and she found out she has a kidney infection. Yikes.


Wednesday- I took my brother to the airport in the Bay Area. we left home at 3 and his flight left at 6. we got there with an hour for him to get though security. We got home at 6:45. My mom leaves at 6:30 to take kids to school, which starts at 7. They were still home and looked like they just woke up. And the car wasn’t in the drive way. My mom had to drop Dad off at work because we had his car and she needed the other one to take kids to school. As she was driving home, something happened to the car and it wouldn’t steer all of a sudden and would hardly move. She managed to pull into a parking lot and walked home. At 5:45 am. In the rain. For 1 1/2 miles. They had to wait until we got home before they could leave. They all missed their first class by the time they got to school. She got the car towed to the dealer. turns out the belt that moves the fluids in the engine broke. If she tried to drive the car all the way home, it would have completely ruined the engine. So, we figured out how to manage the money and finances and pay for it to get fixed. All $1,200 of it. For a simple belt. They have to take apart the engine to reach it. Any way. We got home and almost 7 and I went back to sleep at about 9. I woke up at 1 and started and finished the research for my English essay due next Tuesday. I showered and went to church. All we did was pass out fliers in the neighborhood behind the church. About half way through, about 4 fire trucks and 8 police cars speed by with sirens wailing and stop about a mile down the road. I have a bunch of 6 year olds with me in a sketchy neighborhood and now this. I look at the news and there is another standoff down the road. My town was in the news for one about 3 miles from my church for a standoff that ended in the guy setting his apartment on fire, committing suicide, and burning 4 apartments down.


Thursday is a full day of classes, faking a monologue, and taking notes on two presentations.

Friday- I need to make up my yoga class. Then go to my school production of Grease. I’m excited for that. Oh, and I get paid. I hate to admit it, but I over drew my bank account two weeks ago. I’m waiting for my account to clear the fee so I can buy the Grease ticket and a ticket to see another show my friend is in. The second show is in April, but they are almost sold out. I’m even more excited to see that one than Grease.


Saturday, I work 5pm-12am.

Monday- I have an audition for one-act plays at school. I kind of don’t want to, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

I have a monologue due tomorrow, a presentation due Tuesday next week, filming our monologues next Thursday, an essay due the week after that on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, my mom got a call from our agent. We had updated our pictures and stats on the websites and she was looking at them. She pretty much told us, in her own way, that because my sister and I are 2 inches too short to model, we don’t have a chance. Nobody will consider us for anything because the first thing they look at is our height, on our resumes. Basically, I don’t have a chance of being  a model. I kind of feel that she might drop us. She didn’t say it, but what else is she going to do. There’s no point of having a modeling contract if we can’t model. We are going to see if she can switch us to the acting division of the agency. You can be any body type to act.

So, right now I am trying to memorize 2 minutes worth of words, which is one of the hardest things for me. I’ve been typing the same sentences over and over for the last hour, and I only sort of have the first, of five, paragraph memorized. I am horribly tired. I slept 2 hours last night and then another 4 hours when I got home. I might just post this and go to sleep. I’ll try to wake up early and focus on this monologue again before class at 9:30.

I’m sorry if this post if all over the place and doesn’t make sense at times. I’ll try to do another update in a few days. See how things go.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s