“Failure is success if we learn from it.” -Malcolm Forbes

It is going to take me a few days to bounce back from that trip. All I’ve done today is eat poptarts and burritos and watch The O.C., Annie and Night at the Museum. I got 6 hours of sleep last night, after being awake for about 24 hours. I have to be at church at 7, and film an audition after. So I’m going to work on memorizing that tonight and tomorrow morning.

Yesterday started at 3 am, waking up. We were to be in the car and leaving at 4. We didn’t actually leave until 4:25. We got McDonald’s for breakfast at about 6:30, got to Santa Monica at about 11. My interview was only 1 mile from the Santa Monica Peir, so we went there for an hour and got lunch. I got the numbers mixed up when I wrote down the adress at home. I wrote 350, but it was at 530. We had to call my brother and ask him to look at the email for us. I was 20 minutes late, but it was no big deal. I filled out some papers, took about 15 pictures of my face, and I was done. The interview was for an acne product trial for a month. I will go in on day one, take pictures and get the product, go back on day 15 for pictures, and on day 30, I take pictures and record a video testimonial on how the product worked for me and how it has differed from others that I have used. I know this coming week if I got it.

It took us 2 hours to get 12 miles, down the same road, for our next interview. It is for a reality T.V. show. I am not going to say what for just yet. They wanted to interview our whole family, but because of our schedules, we could only get Kelsey, Lynnsey, Nina, my mom, and I to go. I actually had already interviewed with them via Skype 2 days before, so I wasn’t needed to do another interview. It was in a not so great part of town, but it was a nice place inside the building. I had to wait in the lobby, but they were done in 30 minutes. They also said that if we don’t get this show, they are going to send in the video they are making for another T.V show, but they didn’t say what it was.

My mom had to eat her dinner and didn’t want to drive at the same time, so we went to the Walk of Fame and Chinese Theater in Hollywood, about 2 miles away from the second interview. That was my first time ever seeing the Hollywood sign. It was so cool! And we saw all the celebrities stars on the sidewalk. In the front of the Chinese Theater in the ground, they have imprints of celebrities feet and hands. I don’t know what entitles them and not other celebrities to have the honor. It was so cool. I saw the Twilight stars, the Harry Potter Stars, Shirley Temple, Michael Jackson’s family, George Clooney, Nicolas Cage, Robin Williams, Whoopi Goldberg, Tom Cruise, George Lucas (who grew up here where I live), the cast from Star Wars,  Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, Amy Grant (I auditioned 3 weeks ago for a movie staring her), Bing Crosby, and so many more. I’m not going to list them all. Just the main ones. We left after an hour and it was then about 6 pm, and grabbed some Taco Bell for dinner. We had been awake for 15 hours.

At 6:10, my eldest brother, who was home alone with no car, called us. Our neighbors dog had gotten into our yard and attacked our 12 year old cat and he, Jack, couldn’t move his back legs. My brother heard our dog barking aggressively and turns out our dog had cornered it and was keeping their dog away from Jack while he tried to hide. Their dog ran back home after David went outside. He managed to put the dogs away so they could calm down and got Jack inside. He wasn’t moving his back legs and was dragging his self around the house. There wasn’t any blood or broken skin, that we could see (we later found out that there were 2 teeth marks that pierced the skin). We were 8 hours away, my Dad was out of town, David doesn’t drive, there was no car at home anyway, and he had no way to get to the ER vet, or pay for it. We tried calling the non-emergency police from Hollywood, but it was after they had closed. David didn’t want to call 911, as it was not an emergency and he didn’t want to deal with that. He was too shaken up. We got home at about 2 am and checked him out. We had no idea what was wrong with him, but we pretty much knew his back was broken. We took him to the vet this morning, thinking that he would have to be put down because we can’t afford surgery and he isn’t all that young. I got a surprise text from my brother saying that is back is broken, but he has a 90% chance of a full recovery. They got x-rays done and he is on painkillers and antibiotics. The vet bill was just over $300. He is confined to a cage for 2 months, feeding him wet kitten food ever 4 hours, and medications every 12 hours. we might get him diapers because he can’t move and is having relieve himself where he is. Right now, we just have to clean it up. We called the police this morning, but they said with this kind of thing, we were supposed to call right away. There is nothing they can do but file an incident report and give them a warning for their animal trespassing. We can give them the vet bill, but can’t force them to pay it. They suggested we contact their landlord, as they are “renting” (they haven’t paid their rent in 3 years, but the landlord feels bad for her 4 year old daughter and won’t kick them out) and let that person know they have a vicious animal. That dog has repeatedly attacked our dogs, attacked my dad in public, and charged at my younger sister while on our property.  Our dogs don’t go on their property. We really don’t want to get on their bad side, but something needs to be done. I got to bed at 3 am, and had been up for 24 hours. And that is my story for today.

I leave you with peace, love, and the image of pizza in your head.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s